Robin Hood 2B Weight And Power

Guest Alimcc

Hi guys, im hopefully buying my first robin hood 2b on sunday. I'm so excited!!

I don't know much about the internals other than it has the 2 litre pinto engine in. I know no 2 builds are the same but does anyone know the approx weight, bhp and 0-60mph time. Thanks

Ps link to a vid of the car here

Hi Ali,

Welcome! Feel free to come along to the south yorkshire meets, which are the 1st weds of each month (so unfortunately you missed last night's). Details posted in the events section.

Andy

Looks NICE do not worry about how fast or how much power just enjoy owning a car that you will continually get waved at or complimented on whenever you are out in it.

JUST ENJOY IT when your rear end is 3" off the ground it all seems very FAST.

Join the Club if you can to support the Club which is full of so much information and help which is wonderful.

Thanks for the replies folks. I haven't driven it yet. I'm driving it saturday morning. I've never been in one before so I'm extremely excited. I've got to drive it home from newcastle to south yorkshire though (2 and a bit hours) any clothing tips? I'm interested in some of the yorkshire club meet ups so I'll look them up

Guest 2b cruising

Even if it's hissing down and you are doing a steady 60/70, you won't notice very muck at all.

It's only when you hit traffic that you will get wet.

Once you own it, a Surrey top is a good investment. ( open all around, no doors or rear end. )

Easy enough to make your own. Especially if Swimbo or mum will do it for you.

Edit.. The bonnet is sheet stainless steel not aluminium as stated.

Make sure the holding clamps for it hold it secure, a good over center action is a must unless the are the old rubber type. Security of the bonnet is a must or you will see it fly off and through someone's windscreen, or at least in the ditch ruined.

Are there no members near you that will come with you to have a quick look over and advise.

Edit 2.. Make sure you look at the log book and don't accept it unless it is registered as Robbin Hood. Not Sierra sport or Siarra special.

An incorrectly registered car could end up with you spending a lot of time and money to get through the IVA test. It's not an mot test, it's,an independent vehicle assessment. It covers many things including lots of modern day safety regs. If it hasn't got this, it doesn't matter how,good it looks, £2000 would be the max I would pay and that's even after the others sharing my opinion that it looks to be a we'll built and looked after car. Buyer beware is the term used. I know it is difficult but being excited about it is exactly what the seller likes to see in a buyer. If you can, take someone that knows the kind of vehicle with you.

All the best and I hope it turns out well for you. Ken.

Edited by 2b cruising

the only (small!) downside is that it has the sliding pillar suspension.

This is OK on public roads, but it does need some mods to improve it before you

start to corner it hard. search for "wishbone conversions" for the ultimate upgrade

but search "sliding pillar" for the minor mods.

Any questions, just ask.....the one thing you will get from this club/forum is

always too much advice!

Guest 2b cruising

The forum is probably the best one in the country as like for like.

£15 is nothing for what you get from it.

We also welcome owners of.any type of car, even horses and carts.

Guest Gargoil

Honestly, don't worry about how fast it is. Condition is everything and part of the fun of ownership is upgrading and personalisation. Just make sure you have a good chassis and engine to start the ball rolling.

+1 for what RichardL says if you haven't driven a rwd car like this just be a bit wary of the back end coming out on you. especially damp roundabouts.

You aren't in a car with traction control, airbags and abs etc doing the work for you. Start slow and learn the car.

I love driving my 2b and thats only a knackered 1.6. If i pretend it has the full 75bhp it works out about the same bhp/tonne as my bmw 316ti which whilst more powerful is also a lot heavier. Certainly handles far better being half the weight of the bmw and so much lower CG.

haven fun :)

Thanks again guys for all the great advice. It's certainly difficult to know the value of a kit car as they are all (quite rightly) slightly different. I searched 'kit car' in ebay and basically any of the cars that were less than this one (£3500) seemed either incomplete, not driving correctly, or (to my eye) not finished that well. My mechanical/engineering knowledge is practically non existant so this car stood out as being newish build, finished well (from what i can see) and sensibly priced. I certainly didn't see any cars on there at 2k that would compare to this. It's mot'd until july 2017. How much of an indication of safety/condition is that with these type of cars?

Thanks again everyone. If any members from newcastle fancy coming to take a look 10am saturday morning you'd be most welcome