Thermostat.....is It Really There

DoctorDee

• 8 months later...

I'd just like to say a thank you to "Longboarder".

I re-plumbed Gladys following the diagram you were kind enough to post in this topic.

Now that I am able to drive again, "She who must be obeyed" and myself, disappeared off down the A361in search of adventure.

The temperature gauge never went above 90 throughout the run.

Her Ladyship, who is not given to compliments easily, remarked on it.

Thanks to everyone else who chucked in their ten penneth.

Now all I have to do is sort out a squealing alternator.......it never ends does it....then again that's exactly why we bought one :crazy:

• Like 1

Squeal is the belt slipping, we all know that I hope.

What is less understood is that the V belt gets its grip on the sides of the pulley.

When it slips it wears away the side of the pulley and then bottoms in the pulley, at this point it is near imposible to tighten enough to stop the belt slipping during acceleration.

The cure as well as a new belt is a new pulley. :bad:

New belt on the way.....precaution............Th3 alternator is pretty damned new by the look of it....However, I dropped the old steel rule across the crank pulley and the alternator pulley is "squew wiff" as we say in Gods country....

It doesn't sound like belt squeal....stuck a screw driver on the alternator and "listened" via the handle.....sounds a bit rumbly to me....

Checked my invoice folder.... the Alternator was fitted just before I picked her up......that means it's done no more the a 3 hours running....

Need to get the drive way finished so I can get Gladys into her kennel....Then I'll play