Is This A Robin Hood?

Guest Joe_burtenshaw

Guest Joe_burtenshaw

Hi guys, I've just brought this kit car.....possibly shouldn't have looking at it more closely! But it was advertised as a Robin Hood kit car with a 3ltr Lexus engine fitted( Toyota celica engine is the same) but someone had cut the frame to accommodate it. Is this a common change? The eBay item number was 111404086071 so you can see some pictures. I'm just after some advice really! Many thanks joe

That is a eobinhood 2b with either sliding pillar suspension or a sub 2k. Don't know of annyothers with that engine so you may have some work to do to sort it

Mitch

Guest Joe_burtenshaw

Thanks guys for a fast reply, I'm glad it is a Robin Hood! But as you say they have cut the tunnel out, has anyone ever put one of these engines in? Would just like to see how they have mounted it, as this one is not great! Thanks!

am i right in thinking they have bolted in the rear end of the lexus? interesting, could be better than the sierra rear end possibly.

if they have the front uprights from the lexus it could be ideal to convert to wishbones so you can use the wheels. Although they might be a bit too big for a seven.

Thers a fair bit of fabrication needed....at least 2 upper gearbox tubes to stop fore/aft flexing.

The Lexus? rear end looks to be flapping in the breeze....but its all fixable.....

Could be a good'un....the Lexus engine/box is pretty powerful & smooth.

I expect you'll get a few offers of help from nosey Hoody neighbours!!!

BTW look at fitting proper front wishbones to replace the sliding pillar.....

it isnt the best.....

Edited by Bob Tucker

Guest Joe_burtenshaw

Yeah I was thinking I need to replace the gearbox tunnel and some engine mounts, I don't suppose anyone has any drawings/pictures of their Robin Hood 2b chassis before adding anything? Just to see how much they have cut off? Also does anyone have the original build DVDs? If there are any hoddies around that want to come and have a look they are welcome! I'm up for any help available. thanks joe