2B For Sale

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Bobson is either going to be sold as a going concern or split fro parts bar the engine, and box.

Bobson is a fairly unique 2B powered by a 4L Rover V8 putting out 275bhp via a LT77 gearbox. The power gets to the road via a Cosworth Rear end and 3.62 LSD The diff has been mounted higher than in the book so the wheels have a very small amount of negative camber. He has anti roll bars front and rear to assist the deliberately soft ride. The unique bit is the LMP styled Body kit hand formed from aluminium panels giving a very stable drive. The dampers were stiffened to counter the downforce generated. he took Centre stage at Stonleigh last year, since when he has been covered in Carbon fibre wrap.

He needs to go as I have decided that if I don't get my Scimitar soon there will be none left to get!

I will sort some photos put when I can work out how to.

He is advertised on PistonHeads and Cars and Classics

£6,500.00

If he isn't sold by 17/09/2017, he will appear on here part by part, which if I am honest, is what I would prefer. The engine and box will not be on the parts list.

surely as others have said it is worth just taking the engine/box out and selling the rest as a rolling chassis ready for a new engine/box. Being already street legal must be a bonus (what is iva these days ..£500?). Surely you would get £1500 at least wouldn't you? selling the parts separately is unlikely to get near that (unless you have some serious kit in there - which you might have so apologies if you do). Be a shame for it to be binned if it's a good chassis (is it stainless?)

just a thought

Guest Tim Norman

It is mild steel and once the body is off it will be riddled with holes. Nobody has even enquired about it on any of the three sites it is on and I am ok with stripping it for parts. To get another V8 and box to the same soec as mine would cost best part of £4k so I only need a bit more to make my money for the Scimitar upgrades. Wont be able to use the exhaust system on the Scimitar so that will see the far sale section. It is unique and stainless so I don't see me struggling to sell that. The rear end is a recently re built 2wd Cosworth unit complete with Cossie brakes and calipers. Floor mounted pedal box, brake bias etc. Soon racks up the £'s

People have basically got until a week Friday.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Mike I have just looked at them and I fear I had to cut big chunks out of the front to get the ir out of the side pods so doubt they will be much use.

I will take a picture though when they are exposed.

• 3 weeks later...

Bobson is either going to be sold as a going concern or split fro parts bar the engine, and box.

He needs to go as I have decided that if I don't get my Scimitar soon there will be none left to get!

Classic & Sportscar web may be worth checking out for Scimitar GTE's Apparently there are 3 sat in a Surrey field & owner needs to move them out this month.