Mini Cooper

Guest craig030774

Guest craig030774

now here is a tale

bought the lad a h reg cooper to rebuild and to show him how they work it has been stripped already and the daunting task of sills a panel scuttle ( new panels supplied ) both subframes ok

hope to hear from you who have experience of working on minis as this my 1st time also has anyone got any bits and bobs they may be willing to let go of

cheers :)

Guest gavinc

sorry just assumed..

and you know what assumed did..

bought a few minis over the years to do up..

and scrapped everyone of them..

they seem to be made of a very tasty metal..

the dreaded metal worm seems to love them.

if i ever win the lottery i will definataley restore a mini or two

so much fun to drive.

Guest warwick7735

Hi there

Minis now thats my first love, owned dozens, but rebuilt 6 from scratch mostly classic coopers and 'S's heres a pic of my last one at the local show.

You say yours is a H (1990) has it got red carpets & steering wheel complete with sunroof if so it could be a ltd etd RSP, look for the letters BAD in the Vin no

Any help just ask

Warwick

post-1690-1168038835_thumb.jpg

Guest peter2b2002

apart from the sills check the rear swinging arm bushes they used to go on my old mini's(i had a MG 1100 stage 2 twin carbs in my old mini van) boy did that go

pete2b

Guest craig030774
Hi there

Minis now thats my first love, owned dozens, but rebuilt 6 from scratch mostly classic coopers and 'S's heres a pic of my last one at the local show.

You say yours is a H (1990) has it got red carpets & steering wheel complete with sunroof if so it could be a ltd etd RSP, look for the letters BAD in the Vin no

Any help just ask

Warwick

post-1690-1168038835_thumb.jpg

it has got BAD on the chassis no. what does this mean there is no interior or original wheels with this car so is it worth trying to make original again

any help regarding fitting panels would be a great help hoping to get a manual for it 2 morro

Guest warwick7735

Craig

It looks like you got yourself one of the first Coopers when Rover started making them again, known as the RSP (Rover Special Products). It was a an advertising thing to see if it would be a success, They made 1650 in total, 1000 for here and 650 for japan. It was such a success that dealers sold them in weeks, hence Rover started mass producing them again. This model is called the mainstream and differed from the RSP in many ways.

RSP/ Mainstream

Red carpets/ Black carpets

Red leather wheel/ Black vinyl

Sunroof/ None fitted

Oil cooler/ None fitted

Driving lights/ None fitted

Body coloured mirrors/ White

Body coloured arches/ Black plastic

Half leather seats ( with cooper logo)/ Cloth

Special alloys known as RSP/ standard cooper alloys

Different air filter trumpet/ standard mini cooper one

Whats the last 6 numbers of the vin I can tell you the number it came off the production line.

If you can restore to its former glory do so, they can fetch good money £4000- £5000, Ive seen one go for £9000 but it did only have a handful of miles on the clock and was original. They are like the old Cooper S of old they are becoming collectible

Attached is a pic of my RSP, this was the 36th cooper made. You can see the red carpet and seats, Wood dash & door cappings non standard.

post-1690-1168121174_thumb.jpg