Type 9 Gear Lever Bracket

Pintogogo

Can anyone give me info on fitting a RMD type gear lever linkage plate on a type 9 gearbox. Are they just a simple bolt on job or are there any mods that need doing to the gearbox to fit them, do they work OK as I have had my elbow joint replaced n struggle to reach my lever now. Also has anyone got such an item for sale

Thanks

Harry

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply I appreciate it, I am struggling to change gear as I have had a replacement elbow joint fitted and cannot completely straighten my arm so struggle to change gear in current place. If you can find your bracket can I purchase it from you and I will try it it see if it helps and if not Ill revert back to standard. I live in Sunderland would it be possible to post it? Please let me know how much you want for the bracket and p&p thanks.

Regards

Harr

I have one on mine along with a short shift. Took a lot of modification of the linkage itself to actually make it work as it fouled the UJ on my prop shaft. They are simple enough to fit though and all the options I could find were either the same as or copies of the same design.

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply I appreciate it, I am struggling to change gear as I have had a replacement elbow joint fitted and cannot completely straighten my arm so struggle to change gear in current place. If you can find your bracket can I purchase it from you and I will try it it see if it helps and if not Ill revert back to standard. I live in Sunderland would it be possible to post it? Please let me know how much you want for the bracket and p&p thanks.

Regards

Harr

Leave it with me, I'll try and have a root around for it. See if I can find it! You can then make me an offer (plus whatever it costs to post, sure). If I remember rightly I had to modify the reverse lockout because the accuracy on it wasn't great, and it blocked access to first. Of course, I didn't find this out until after I'd rebuilt the gearbox, fitted it and the engine back into the car, found I couldn't select a gear, removed it all again, pulled the lid off the box, found no problem, re-fitted the whole engine/gearbox combo once more, discovered 1st gear was still locked out, then finally realised it was this fecking thing to blame... :-/

You need to employ some "jiggle factor" to the fitment of your gearstick, by way of washers packing it to various degrees on the 3 bolts, to get it to work right... along with some "filing" :) gear change quality does suffer a little as a result too. Definitely check your plastic selector bush is in good condition.