Iva Paperwork

magh

Evening all, just about to start the application for my Iva. Looking through the paperwork what did people put for the date of manufacture? Also did people include all their reciepts and send the pictures in on a cd or usb pen drive? Also ANY advice and tips would be greatly received. Thanks Mike.

Evening all, just about to start the application for my Iva. Looking through the paperwork what did people put for the date of manufacture? Also did people include all their reciepts and send the pictures in on a cd or usb pen drive? Also ANY advice and tips would be greatly received. Thanks Mike.

Date of manufacture is now (ie. when you finished building it)

For IVA they're not massively interested in receipts. I sent no originals, I just put copies on the CD/uploaded to their website page thing... I included just the receipts for the main bits like the kit, destruction of donor car evidence, selection of photos of the build, scan of donor MOT/V5... You don't have to go to the nth detail... that's more for the registration process... just cover the main components that you've purchased at this stage.

I dont reallu have much as I purchased the kit 2nd hand from the chap who got it new. He had misplaced all receipts from Robin Hood and others for the engine rebuild etc. I have the v5 for the donor but thats pretty much it bar receipts for parts Ive bought.

I havent quite finished it yet but I suppose I could put todays date on the form as it will be a few week getting a date so it will be ready for then.

So do we need physically post anything but actually send/ upload it all to their site instead?

Exactly, you can do it all online via the DVSA website, assuming you're happy to pay via debit card and so forth. You *can* post it if you want. The website limits submission sizes to 5Mb which limited what I could upload, but they didn't query anything, I just send the obvious/common sense stuff needed for IVA.

Your lack of receipts will probably be more of an issue come registration, it'll just mean you'll get a Q plate, that's all. No big deal. And some people have suggested that the DVLA have stopped issuing Q's for a while now, and you may get some sort of age-related plate anyway, although I have no firm evidence to back this up... I just heard it mentioned recently.

Edited by brumster

Thanks Im currently filling it in now.

Section 4e will the vehicle be requiring a passenger vehicle test Im guessing yes so design gross weight Im putting 1050kg. ( 2b with pinto) I need the overall length if anyone knows? And overall length of the load area?

4f what have people put for body type?

Thanks guys

Leave 4e blank, tick "no".

4f go with "2 seat sports"

4t "4 in-line"

4v I put 120mph

4w 450Kg/600Kg on the axle splits, for a total of 1050Kg. That was for my Zero but I don't believe anyone has ever really changed it so it probably applies to the 2B also

And some people have suggested that the DVLA have stopped issuing Q's for a while now, and you may get some sort of age-related plate anyway, although I have no firm evidence to back this up... I just heard it mentioned recently.

Passed IVA in August and got a Q plate...

• Like 1