Dash Clocks

Guest macca

Guest macca

Hi All

I have made the dash with Triumph Guages, but have read on the locost site that these might not pass SVA. :o After all that hard work!!!!!

Is that correct? Do I need to move the guages behind the steering wheel? I think Im going to need a Sierra steering wheel for the SVA.

Dash pic to follow, its padded with 2 layers of comping mat foam. but only 1 layer around the dials, I guess it would be good if some one close could pop around and look at it. Apparently the clock surrounds are not radiused enough

Macca

post-1374-1173181677_thumb.jpg

Edited by macca

Guest Gregs
Hi All

I have made the dash with Triumph Guages, but have read on the locost site that these might not pass SVA. :o After all that hard work!!!!!

Is that correct? Do I need to move the guages behind the steering wheel? I think Im going to need a Sierra steering wheel for the SVA.

Dash pic to follow, its padded with 2 layers of comping mat foam. but only 1 layer around the dials, I guess it would be good if some one close could pop around and look at it. Apparently the clock surrounds are not radiused enough

Macca

Macca, mine passed at Brum with a Rover P4 speedo, all I did was rebate my dash (wooden) to sink the clock in, and used a camping mat as dash padding (couple of quid from Go Outdoors) - this meant the edges weren't proud, so 2.5mm didn't apply.

For info, my speedo did fail on the calibration - had it serviced and re-calibrated by J D O Instrument engrs, www.jdo1.com cost ~£60 and 3 day turn around- I know the speedo from Triumph is meant to be the same 1k revs/mile calibration, but so was mine!! Horses for courses, you can always take a flyer and get it done if it fails.... although that adds another £30 to the bill if that's all it fails on just that :rolleyes:

You're more than welcome to come and have a look at mine if you wish.

Greg

Guest macca

Thanks Greg

I've been having another look this afternoon, I think I will try to rebate them in the foam. I have 2 layers of "go outdoors" foam, so rebating in to this will make sure the dash is a fair bit higher than the clocks.

More pics are on my web site if anyone is interested.

Macca