Manchester 2B

Guest Howleybar

Way over priced for a start, 2nd it's a 2b not b2 which suggests the owner perhaps do sent know a great deal about his car. Badged as a lotus ?? So what its a robin hood. If you look make sure the v5 days Robin Hood. To me it's a 3 to 4k car 6k is into gbs zero and more modern lighter 7s.

All my personal opinion only... be carefully and loads of research before you buy any kit car

Guest Howleybar

Thanks, must admit I've asked a few questions that the owner can't answer, doesn't know anything about the engine

Cheers

Chris

That is a Superspec so the engine is probably the standard Rover T16 engine as I recogonise the MEMS ECU and few other things. If so then then the price is more reasonable as everything on the car would have been brand new in 2005 and it dos look like a fair amount of money has been spent on it. You need to find out the total mileage, not the 12 miles quoted, and the most important thing is that the V5 should show it as a Robin Hood Superspec. There are 4-5 very active Superspec owners on the forum so you will not be short of advice.

The mileage is worrying. Surely he has back copies of the MOTs that would show the history ? And what about the V5, that is absolutely crucial, if it isn't properly registered you need to walk away,.

Guest Howleybar

Sorry Alan, the car was purchased by the owner in 2014 with 3331 miles on the mot. As stated has done very little since, he's unsure on the original mileage for the engine pre donor

Cheers

Chris

Superspecs came from Robin Hood as a rolling chassis with a brand new Rover T-series 2litre engine, so there wasn't a donor. The dash and original instruments look to have been been changed so some of the original mileage may have been lost.

Having said that I bought my Superspec with only 2500 miles on the clock after 6 years of use by previous owner, so that one could be approximately correct.

Makes sense. There have been a few Superspecs pop up recently. Two registered ones are still going for £8000, which is a bit optimistic. And an unregistered one recently went for £4500 and that will cost at least £1000 to finish off and get through the IVA.

So if the V5 is correct that is not a bad price.

Guest Howleybar

Thanks everyone, without this forum I wouldn't even contemplate buying something like this. Its currently sorn and is registered as a robin hood, just out of interest how does the rover engine perform and what's reliability like

Many thanks

Chris

Guest Howleybar

Thanks everyone, should of said it's registered as a robin hood but superspec not mentioned on v5, is this an issue or just an oversight

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Howleybar

Thanks everyone, should of said it's registered as a robin hood but superspec not mentioned on v5, is this an issue or just an oversight

My V5 only says Robin Hood for the make so that may be normal and has not been a problem for me. However the MoT certificate does say Superspec for the model, so mine is correctly listed in the DVLA database.

looks like someones spent a bit of money on it wish my engine was that clean.Alan i presume you spotted it has a different radiator on it than ours

Ivan, yes I spotted the different radiator with top hose on the left. Looks neater! Also there doesn't seem to be the usual expansion bottle and battery looks to be pushed back to the firewall in its place.

But hey, every Superspec is different 😄