Aray Wheels.

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi all. I want wider wheels on my 2b. I am currently on 15" 6.5j with offset of et 15.

The problem is that I really like the style of the wheels but would like wider ones like maybe 8 or even 9 j on the rear. My rims and tyres on the rear do not really fill the arches and I would prefer the wider look. Having measured up I am sure I could keep et 15 allowing to widen both the inner and outer tracking line.

Does anyone know a stockist of these wheels or even have some they are willing to sell to me. I have searched the web and found similar rims, but unfortunately they are the split rim type with to many awkward bits to keep clean.

Regards and happy new year to all. Ken

i may be wrong but the aray wheels were a cheap mass imported by rh from china or the likes back in the day, wider may look better but it will make your car handle worse especially in wet weather even with a 240bhp v8 my grip level was fine on 195's. to fill the arches i,d would use wheel spacers as others have suggested

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks guys. Especially about the handling warning. I will give consideration to spacers. The person that I bought the car off has fitted 205 x 45 tyres on the 6.5 j rims. Although at the near end of usefull life, they have kept the original shape very well and do not look like balloons. Before renewal I will take advice about size from a well known tyre supplier and then fit spacers.

Thanks to all you guys. Love this forum. Ken.

Guest Ian & Carole

if you fit spacers be aware you will need longer wheel studs, to retain a decent number of threads engaged with the nut.

If you use the hubcentric one in the ebay link they bolt to the hub and have their own set of studs.

Guest 2b cruising

These would definitely be my choice as I have seen the mess incorrectly fitted ones make on more than one occasion. Spent my younger days messing about in the local garage. Some caused by people fitting to wide a spacer. Others by not having the correct hub centre sizing. Nasty cheaply made things about both then and now.

Thanks for the tip.

If you use the hubcentric one in the ebay link they bolt to the hub and have their own set of studs.