Insured For Another Year

theduck

So just a quick update.

First of all I forgot it was bank holiday on Monday... doh!

Right, I tried A-plan and they will not insure a 21 year old unless they have previously owned a kit car and insured it with someone else, seems they are unwilling to risk it on me :(

So rung a few more and it started off at around £900. Cheapest I could get was £560.

Going to try a few more in the next few days. It gets a bit wearing having to keep telling them all the information.

Would it work if I put my dad on as the main insurer and me as a named driver? Has anyone done this?

Adding parents (or old people) doesn't work the same on kit cars. I asked this and they basically said it would be another quote for them as well and added on. I'd bite their hand off at £560, very good price at 21 and after a year experience in the car it'll come down

Guest janis

Get mine insured and cos i have 6 points was harder to insure..a-plan dont cover northern ireland so had to go with flux 450£ then i put my girlfriend on it as well and was blown away that it raised by only 110£ a year and shes just get her test passed 3 weeks ago..not easy to find where to put r plates on it :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest lotusPaul

Well Sophie is insured for yet another year. Adrian Flux have come up trumps with a fantastic price of £99. Thats for a 1970 lotus Elan plus 2, 3000miles a year,way more than i need. And its down as 10k value which is pretty much on the money standard car.

My thanks to Dan, Forum member and Adrian Flux insurance guru.

Give them a go guys next time.

Top guys