Condensation All Over My Car In Garage

Guest kevin booth

Guest Ian & Carole

Kevin

It sounds like it is too draft proof. Great to work in but no good for keeping the place dry.

Have you got any windows you can crack open and secure to prevent scrouts getting in.

You need a through draft.

Have you got a draft seal on the bottom of the door? if so try removing it.

Air bricks in the wall assuming its a brick garage might help.

Guest 2b cruising

Whatever you do, I advise not to put a cover over your car as this will just keep the condensation in. Ian could not have given better advice. You should at least have unblocked air bricks in the build.

Insulation & more insulation plus a very small amount of ventilation -- or get a portable de-humidifier

The damp is coming from somewhere probably the floor has no damp-proof membrane.

Edited by florin metal works

As suggested you have to change the air in the room. If damp is coming up through the floor it's no good insulating the rest of the building. The water vapour is already in the air so the air needs to be changed and as others have said a through draft is the best way.

Guest Ian & Carole

Fitted vent at the weekend, have checked every night and looks like I have cracked it, thanks guys.

One more to think about Kevin, came to me after my earlier post.

If you can, when you put the car away, try and leave the door open or at least not shut tight until the car has had a chance to cool down.

Pleased you seem to have sorted it though.