Pinto Problem

jaimo

Yeah think i did it without throttle and was all the same about 120

The bottom end is what i got off keith (unclecheif) and was bore to +0.5 which hadnt done many miles before i got it the bores all look good

And if i cleaned the plug before start wud start fine but then burn oil but not on start up but when reved and overun

I am thinking that why so clean is unburnt fuel coz back wheek and arch are black and stinks of fuel

Then if turn off engine for evenw10 mins then try to start only runs on 3 cylinders take plug out covered in wet oily substance clean put back in and away fine

Also looked and valve guides on 3 cylinder had oil under valve stem seal when seal removed the orthers didnj so obviously oil getting in

Guest mower man

AS ever Jaimo gets the probs that are strange !, I spent some time yesterday looking at the pictures and digging in the back corners of my ever more dusty memory banks 1 if head checks out just replace the stem seals 2 the only time I have seen a piston crown as clean as that are ,a very slight and I mean slight head gasket WEEP, b when I blew a piston out on my 2.1 by getting cheeky with advance settings and lost top land,2nd and oil rings into sump via a 15 x 25 mm hole in the side of the piston , NO bore damage but with running it home 30 miles topping oil every 10! fuel and oil had cleaned the piston crown as above . I would advise VERY strongly pulling no3 piston as I think you have ring / piston problems . Try a 2/3 thou feeler down the side of the piston all the way round GENTLY!!!and you may find it disappears ! :sorry: mick Ican be free Sat morning