Newark Show

Guest Daren.F

Guest Daren.F

Last year at Newark show we had to camp miles from the stand, we had the same at Stoneleigh this year.

I don't like two separate sites, it make life hard when you take kids, I tend to visit the stand but end up returning to the the camp for bits and pieces all day.

With two sites it makes more work for the committee as they have two areas to manage and pack up makes it more difficult to presgang help when needed.

Security is also an issue with the membership split over two sites and the tents being out of sight all day.

I would like to camp on the stand pitch what do the rest of you think?

Have we left it too late to organise, I understand that space is usually the issue.

What do you think?

There's no way we'll be able to camp in the same area that's used for display.

Would you want to take your tent down & pack it all away before the show opens at 10am, then do it all again for the next night/day? no I'm sure you wouldn't, that's one reason the organisers want the cars seperate from the tents, so that Joe Public isn't tripping over guy-ropes & B-B-Q's etc.

It's just not a problem. When you're at the camping area, out of "show" hours, yourcar is with you, just before 10am, you put all the stuff into your car that you're going to need for the day, and drive it to the "car" area. Whereever the car is, there'll be plenty of people who know who's car it is (especially the banana) so it won't get touched, and the campsite is out of the area that Joe Public frequent.

Guest bugsy

As I am comeing up sat lunchtime to Newark what is the story with getting on to the club area?

Is there any time restrictions on when you can drive around the area?

Would love to come up on friday but working in Coventry until Friday Night :boohoo:

Bugsy

Ps Mitch! dont forget the bunting ;)

you can arrive any time after 9 (i think), club stand is from kit car/traders entrance, turn second available right, and were in RH corner (almost) in front of the trees.keep an eye out for the large RHOCAR flag.

if coming from the normal public entrance we are in the RH corner furthest away from where you come in

Camping is, from Traders entrance, turn left, keep going about 75 yrds and there are some wooden stables in front, turn right between the stables and white barrier, and you will see what used as a commentry box for the horse shows, we are normally directly in front of this.

this is of course if we are were we normally are put and the organisers havnt moved us around.

Bugsy, you wont see much of the show, you will be answering questions all weekend, and you wont get 5 yrds away from you're super douper gold plated SS, (it will be right at the front, surrounded by bunting and maybe the odd topless lady)

HTH

Mitch

Guest Battery Bill
this is of course if we are were we normally are put and the organisers havnt moved us around.

Last Autojumble we went to there was some rather large erections :wub: :wub: going up in "Our" space, You know the metal girder type of erection :lol: :lol:

Don't know whats planned perhaps we are getting an indoor section after last years soakings :lol: :lol: :lol: