Stilton Run 22Nd April 2018

Derek

It'll be heaving with cars and people from early on. We're going to try and get in to town around 9-30 and park wherever we're directed to (it's well marshalled). This should give us time to have a mooch around at the cars before we leave to head to the meeting point just outside town.

• Like 1

Yes, we gave up trying to park together a few years back, it just isn't practical. Personally I go on the road parallel to the one into the square (North Street East), as there are a couple of car parks and a petrol garage to park in. There is normally a marshal there directing people. The square and the High street fill up very early on.

There are some very interesting cars in the town square and surrounding roads.

The reason we are going straight to the RV is that I cannot walk very far so rather than add more to my car depression we will meet you there.

Guest Clive

Looking forward to this little Rutland and Cambs adventure....cya outside the houses!

Karen and I arent stopping for the dinner, weve got to be back in Stammy for 1430ish!

We need more tours in the locale....brian now thinking! 🤣🤣

Guest Clive

Hi guys, so sorry - just got in car and the clutch bite is right at the top....oops! No time to adjust so arent going to make it. Was really looking forward to it as well - and the sun is out. Have fun. Clive

well wot an event full day just to let you all know i did make it home and come to the conclusion the head gasket has gone thanks to Gaz for lending his socket set and getting his hands dirty i hope to have better luck next year :sorry:

Edited by tractor

Echo the thanks to Derek for organising a great day out and to Marilyn for leading the way. Jackie and I had a great day, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Anyone who's not done this event really should get it in their diary for 2019

Great day out - nice 300 mile round trip for me and I'm still knackered now...

Some pics to prove it happened (sorry, too tired to resize and paste in):

http://cubeupload.com/im/Nelmo/IMG20180422122540.jpg

http://cubeupload.com/im/Nelmo/IMG20180422111518.jpg

http://cubeupload.com/im/Nelmo/IMG20180422110946.jpg

Edited by nelmo

We top Nelmo's mileage at 345 door to door --- great to have the sunny weather & the crew who were able to attend -- was a good deal cooler coming home to-day but dry so no complaints, thanks again to Derek & Mo -- excellent navigation. The break-downs were few & hopefully will be soon sorted.