E.c.m. / Throtle Body

Guest greengrass

Guest greengrass

just trying to weigh my options up for my zero zetec throttle body /ecm set up. seen the kit spairs option,s but all seems very expensive. is ther cheeper altertive with out jepodizing quailty or performance.

i am at rolling chasise stage now with the engine and box sat in. but just seems there so much more i need to get. just seen the zetec engine loom which i dinnt relize i needed. again any cheeper options. i have the plug and play car loom and thought this coverd the engine.

gauges are another one

any advice greatley appreciated thanks

Have you looked at the GBS plennum chamber option? This is cheaper and according to their rolling road experiments can still deliver 165BHP. The fully Jenvey throttle body route only gives 175BHP according to their figures. I am going the plennum route as it is cheaper and it also saves cutting the bonnet. I also think it will be plenty of power for me (around 300BHP per tonne!!)

I can't help with the loom question as I am just bitting the bullet and getting the GBS engine loom so it simply plugs in to the other loom.

Gauge wise, it all depends on what you want. The prices GBS were quoting on the Kitspares site for the Smiths gauges was actually very competitive, although last time I looked they were out of stock so possibly only available to order in now. You will pay about the same for ETB although ETB give you more choice over face colours etc. Budget around £500. The single pod Digidash type options are cheaper and give a more modern/race type look and feel to the car. All personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hammy360

Daves right about the GBS plenum but look at motorbike throttle bodies I picked mine up for a song on eBay. On the loom I got the Omex one and it's amazing and nearly half the price of the GBS article

Guest Alan_builder

first there is no need to compromise performance for a reduced cost. you can get 180 bhp but the design needs to be correct.

bike carbs are the cheepest root, but the bike boys are always tuning their bikes. car owners with carbs say they dont. point made?

i would say bike throttle bodies and mega squirt ecu, but then that is what I am doing. my web www.rhcar.me.uk has lots of info & links scrol down to zetec & zetec changes link in the body text.

throttle bodies £70

mega squirt £170

Manifold £30