Lincs Aero Museum

Guest mower man

Guest mower man

I don't want to step on toes but a number of us had a really good if wet at times day at this museum last year is it worth me getting in touch with Mr Panton to organise some thing for the coming summer ? if you are interested get in touch , Fred was a personal freind of my father and I know him quite well so I have visited often in the past mowerman [mick]

Guest Alan_builder

Hi Mick,

I have 5 questions please;-

1 What is at the museum?

2 Where is the museum?

3 What is the entry cost?

4 When?

5 If the museum is near Worksop we will require camping or a hotel!

Alan

Guest mower man

Hi Alan 1 The only privatly owned Avro Lancaster bomber in the world ,which hopefully will fly this coming year ,The site is an approx replica of a WW2 bomber base with lots of interesting display areas and displays .2 .It is situated in Lincolnshire , Boston and Skegness buth being close ,3 When we visited last year Mr Panton asked for a vol donation which I believe we all gave. 4 .Dates to be arranged , the Lanc " Just Jane " is run regularly through the summer but there is actually a possibility of her flying this year 5 there is a range of accom in the area from farm type camp sites to b+b and hotels in easy reach .I have visited several time in the last 20+ years or so and class it as steady day out run but obviously people from further field would need accomodation There are lots of possible atractions in the area varying from traditional seaside to motor racing [ Cadwell park] etc . what I am looking for is numbers , I will try to find out this years plan from Mr Panton . There was atv program 2Two Brothers and Lancaster but I dont know wether it went out nationaly. Watch this space for more details !!! mick mowerman

Guest Ian & Carole

It would be nice to have a weekend there on one of the days the Lancaster does one of its "taxi runs"

Might have to check with the Panton brothers in case they start installing the new engine they have bouught so "Just Jane" can take to the air once more.

Here you go Alan

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/