Zero

Guest pablo

I saw this and couldnt remember posting, then remembered I couldnt get pablo username on here!

Hi 2 B pablo sorry about that my name is paul but as i live in spain and my kids call me pablo or pabs it be came my nickname! hopfully no offence!

Hi Has anybody finished a zero yet? and how does this compare to the superspec? also do they only have the chassis in mild steel seems strange that they do not also have it in stainless!

kind regards

Pablo

Guest timswait

There are a whole load of differences between a superspec and a zero. First off physical dimensions- the zero is a bit smaller than a superspec, less likely to suit a 'portly' build! Secondly suspension. The zero has good front suspension geometry, the superspec is the same as the 2B, ie not so good (although not too bad). The zero has double wisbone geometry rear, the superspec uses the sierra rear subframe. The construction is also very different. The zero is mostly narrow square tubes and is fairly well triangulated, the superspec is simlar to a 2B, round tubes which have been bent and is less well triangulated, I think (although I don't have any figures to back this up) that the zero will be both stiffer and lighter than the superspec. Also the superspec has stainless body panels the zero has aluminium. IMHO the zero is a much better car than the superspec/2B, it only has two disadvantages: slightly smaller (only a problem if you're a large chap ;) ) and not available in stainless, which really shouldn't be a problem if you're using it in Spain.

There are a whole load of differences between a superspec and a zero. First off physical dimensions- the zero is a bit smaller than a superspec, less likely to suit a 'portly' build! Secondly suspension. The zero has good front suspension geometry, the superspec is the same as the 2B, ie not so good (although not too bad). The zero has double wisbone geometry rear, the superspec uses the sierra rear subframe. The construction is also very different. The zero is mostly narrow square tubes and is fairly well triangulated, the superspec is simlar to a 2B, round tubes which have been bent and is less well triangulated, I think (although I don't have any figures to back this up) that the zero will be both stiffer and lighter than the superspec. Also the superspec has stainless body panels the zero has aluminium. IMHO the zero is a much better car than the superspec/2B, it only has two disadvantages: slightly smaller (only a problem if you're a large chap ;) ) and not available in stainless, which really shouldn't be a problem if you're using it in Spain.

"How very dare you" portlybuild :D lol cheers tim for info on the differences between the 2. Still deciding on what to have as I like the look of the stainless on the 2b and super spec

Hi the Zero is availible in stainless pannels as an option, the chassis is in mild steel, also we will have full fiber glass rear wings soon

Richard

Cheers Richard .

Can we have an explanation of whats in each kit for the zero range

regards

Pablo

Guest ScotMac
Hi the Zero is availible in stainless pannels as an option, the chassis is in mild steel, also we will have full fiber glass rear wings soon

Richard

Will those full fiberclass wings fit a lightweight? I assume they will, since the zero's body was based on the l/w. Any idea on the pricing (for them individually)?