I Need Help With Iva Please In Kent

Guest fzr1000dave

Guest fzr1000dave

hi all ive just finished my 2b i was not going to put her on the road i was just going to use her on the track day scene i didnt think i would be able to pass the iva with the new rules but now its finished i realy want her on the road and i was wondering if there is anyone near herne bay that could have a look over the car to see if there is anything that jumps out that may not pass the ive as a new builder im looking for some advice my number is 07737795834.

many thanks

I'm too far away to help apart from to offer encouragement. You can pass the IVA with a 2B without difficulty. Yes there is a pile of stuff to get right so the car complies with the regulations but nothing weird or impossible. There is even a hint that whoever is writing the amendments to the IVA regulations has some common sense these days.

Download a copy of the latest IVA regulations and read through. Join the club. Meet the neighbours who will come and advise and even help a bit if you offer them food and drink.

Nigel

Hi Dave,

Im up to my eyes at the moment with a duff (Vauxhall) ecu trying to source one for the trip to LeMans next week & then getting my brothers corvette track ready after that but I'm happy to chat on the phone if you have specific questions, & maybe visit later in the summer.

Send me a PM & I'll answer it....I cant PM you for some reason at the moment.

Cheers, Bob (Orpington)

Hi Mate,

I'm building a SuperSpec (still :wacko: ), so haven't got any experience of going through the test.

But would be happy to pop over and have a look see, (may even pick up a few pointers for myself! :D ;) )

Can't do this week-end though, but possibly sometime next week-end, let me know if this suits.

Cheers

Al

Guest Jomeo69

Hey. im building a superspec too eh Al???

I could pop over next week maybe wednesday early evening or sunday would be ideal for me. Again havnt done the test but sure the combined eyes of three or so of us could come up with some points.

To be honest i could do with some pointers and also this may offer some much needed motivation to drag me away from the Marcos rebuild going on at the moment.

let me know??

Joe

Guest robinj66

I'm up for joining you both in going over (You know I never pass up a free cuppa, Al :ph34r: ) but this weekend and possibly the next is out for me.

(You know I never pass up a free cuppa, Al :ph34r: )

Nor choccy hobnob, or bacon roll or dog roll either Robin :D :D :D ;)

Sunday would be best for me, but could probably do an evening next week (except Wednesday and Friday).

Cheers

Al

Guest fzr1000dave

Nor choccy hobnob, or bacon roll or dog roll either Robin :D :D :D ;)

Sunday would be best for me, but could probably do an evening next week (except Wednesday and Friday).

Cheers

Al

thank you for all your replys and support all yopur help will be very welcome and all the tea and bacon rolls you can handle lol.

thanks again dave

Guest fzr1000dave

So when are we going then? which would be the best day??

hi all im home around 5 in the week im home on sunday after 1.

thanks dave

How about Friday afternoon, meet say 5-5.30 at Dave's place then?

Dave, I know I said in reply to your PM about Sunday, but Friday would also suit me as well as Sunday.

Drop us your address via PM Dave if everyone is fine with this.