Floor Mounted Pedal Box

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

I got a floor mounted pedal box for the Kitten and it came with 2nr 0.725" and 1nr 0.625" master cylinder. Like a pillock I put the smaller MC on the clutch pedal. Now have a super light pedal but not enough movement of the clutch to enable me to select gears!

Am I right in thinking I need to put the 0.625" on the rear brake and balance it with the bias bar?

A bigger bore will mean more fluid displaced, hence more travel at the slave cyl.

As Dan found out, the recommended route may not always work.....maybe you need 3 x .725?

Is your slave cyl the same dia as Dans?

Guest Tim Norman

It is what ever is fitted to a Mini, as that is what is fitted in the back on the Kitten, albeit a screaming 1380 MED A+ Series engine.

Guest 2b cruising

Hi. 7/8" is as near as darn it to 22.2 mm.

The spare you have would suit the intended purpose if it is in serviceable condition.

Guest Tim Norman

OK I'll give it a whirl. All I need to do Is wouls out how the hell I am going to get that m/c off without taking the whole pedal box out. It sits entirely in the footwell of the Kitten!

Guest 2b cruising

Yup. I know the feeling of working in tight places.

Now now boys. I mean working not enjoying.

Just you try working on some things like buses or horse boxes when some nut designer doesn't know about engine repairs and converts the cab to a none lifter.

Guest mower man

Hi Tim a little spark lit up this morning re clutch travel on A series mini 's ,in pastimes I looked after a 1000 cc mini special saloon and we had a little clutch prob of not enough travel and after a lot of head scratching and swearing found that the clutch operating lever arm was bent and the ball on the bottom end of it was worn to excess first we warmed the arm up and applied some blacksmith skills to the thing ,that got us a clutch for 1 meeting but later we replaced it with good one . The 2 adjusting nuts on the operating plunger can also get out of wack esp if a new clutch has been fitted ,i cut my teeth as an apprentice on minis , 11/1300 etc but it was a while ago HTH regards mick :crazy:

Guest 2b cruising

Yes the old mini clutches.

The arms used to bend because the thrust bearing travel adjustment was out, that's what the two nuts were for.

He no longer has the mini set up, just the s/cyl?

Or just fit a smaller bore slave cylinder

the thread started off with the smaller cylinder not giving enough travel. He wants a larger m/cyl to give longer travel on s/cyl. Edited by 2b cruising