Alternator

Guest piddy

After trying to build a new alternator bracket I decided to use the standard pinto one but to add an extra pulley to the belts route to pull the alternator in near the engine. Because my doner was a CVH (but I have another pinto engine) I was able to use the auto tensioner from the cam belt of the CHV. I bolted it onto a piece of angle and mounted the angle onto the bolt at the bottom of the alternator and another bolt thats lower and to the right when looking at the front of the pinto. I had to use 4 or 5 washers on the lower bolt to give the angle something to sit on at the right level.

I will try and take some pictures this weekend. I have been meaning to for a while because it is quite a neat mod, as long as you can find a duff CVH to steal bits from.

Guest chris brown

Mine is about the same as Bills I think its about the only place for it. The only down side to it is that the adjuster bracket is in stretch rather than in compression and tends to give up every 4 or 5 thousand miles and is difficult to make any stronger due to space constraints around its mountings.