Supercharger On A Silvertop Zetec

richardm6994

• 3 weeks later...

Just couldn't resist and went for a drive, boost gauge was reading 12psi, checked gauge when I got home and it's out by 2psi. So if it is making 10psi it's going to be some good bhp and Nm. Ive not driven a car that pulls like this !! V8 westy, atomic not even close. 1st 2nd 3rd dissappear very quickly and it pulls 5th from very low speeds.... getting dyno.d Thursday can't wait....

Keeping it simple, an engine that made 175bhp NA with no changes except boost would make about 295bhp with 10psi.

Could debate all day long whether you would have lost anything from going to a plenum over the webers, but most likely is anything you lost has been made up from by converting to efi. Cams will play a part as overlap isn't so good for boosted engines, so be interesting to see what the graph looks like, especially if you have a before and after.

Edited by theduck

Guest lotusPaul

Ok.im going to go with the limiting factors here. Standard rods may start to be hitting thier limits at about 275bhp. I dont know what fuel system your using. Thats pump control, pressure and all that stuff so im going to say rear wheel, at-the-wheel figures of around 230bhp/torque.

That may relate depending on tx losses and air temps etc at 275 flwheel figures.

Id also suggest that the company you choose knows how to swing cams as zetecs respond well with cams that have been retarded around 6 degrees.

Im assuming that compression is standard. This will also limit boost available to use. 10psi is an ok amount for power tho.just keep that fuel in check and smooth.

FYI 15psi with sorted fueling and 550cc injectors is needed for 325bhp plus and thats getting to injector limits of 85% max workload.At this point steel rods are used.

450cc injectors with variable fuel pressure fuel reg set at 4bar. Compression is standard bar a skimmed head to ensure it was flat on fitting. Research suggests Zetecs can take a max 11psi boost on standard internals. So it may well be close to the limits of the engine.

Thursday will prove once and for all what it is actually producing.... but on todays drive I. M happy as cat with 2 pri#@* how it's feels

• Like 3

Glad its all worth it......I can just imagine whiz reading this and jumping up and down like a kid waiting for xmas!!!

Yeah your right GET YOUR BLOODY FINGER OUT lol