Lawnmower Troubles

Hi all,

I've got a mountfield hp470 which is a push along petrol mower.

It's worked fine until a few weeks ago where she'd fire up and then die after a few seconds of running.

I've had the carb and fuel tank off and thoroughly cleaned them out and refilled with fresh fuel.

Any other pointers/obvious things to check? I'm not keen on spending any money on it as it's worth next to nothing and a new mower isn't a huge amount either.

Thanks,

Steve

Guest peter2b2002

swmbo had a problem turn out the cable that goes to the cut off leaver/switch wasn't going fully home I just pushed it fully home 1 pull started had the same thing happen to another mower as well so this might be your problem

peter2b

Guest Pauljordan

Had same with a mountfield a little while ago. Found out had intermittent spark. Electronic ignition pack faulty. Bought brand new Briggs and Straton engine on fleabay from Whales. Direct replacement lot less than new mower. Delivered next day. 20 mins to fit still going strong.

PJ

After Mo's cement mixer had stood idle for a while it was the fuel feed pipe which had gone gooey & swelled up blocking delivery to carb -- probably due to the efinol?? /bio-fuel in petrol these days.

Maybe check you have a good flow to the carb.

Guest mower man

Fuel / new spark plug / choke sticking /clean air filter ,has it got a reliable spark/ plug cap cracked all regular faults condenser was a less likley culprit but had the odd one usually Band S Honda's not quite so bad OH I remember it well but nearly 5 years down the line the horror is fading slowly mick :crazy: :crazy: :80: