Top Wish Bone Ball Joint

Guest deebee 55

Guest deebee 55

Hi guys the season of good will is upon us , I HAVE A PROBLEM a bit like those jokes in a Christmas cracker you know when you think theres got to be an easy answer to this but i can't think of it right now .

as you may or may not know i'm putting together a super spec all seemed good and going quite well after a few set backs .............until today i came to fit the cycle wings and noticed the top ball joint (track rod end ) on the upper wish bone had some play in it

looking closer and after taking it off the thing that RH has cobbled together the nut is loose that holds it on , someone must have found a fix as its impossible to get a socket or spanner on the nut let alone turn it

cheers

Dave

Guest deebee 55

Thanks Al ill try and post a picture , but in the mean time , the top arm has a ball joint at the end the movable part of the joint dissapears through a hollow tube which in-turn is clamped with a pinch bolt in the stub axle inside the tube is the retaining nut for the ball joint welded at such an angle that makes it impossible to tighten

seen from the top its the thing the cycle wings are fixed to before the extensions are added

Dave

Guest deebee 55

Thanks to you all , just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other fix somebody had worked out before i destroyed a good socket

....... jobs done now the hammer i was using was several sizes to small !!!! Ho Ho Ho