Lsd Options

keith kelly

Starting this as i seem to have high jacked kerrys for sale thread.

I currently have a 3.62 open diff with puch in shafts & Drum brakes and spin up quite easy with 163BHP and a lightened flywheel. Looking at options to upgrade to LSD and the most cost effective route of doing this.

After advise and options.

Cheers Keith

as said on other thread the quaife atb is an excellent diff but will cost you a fair few £££, i only fitted it on mine as i was going sideways on the throttle in 1st 2nd and 3rd. now it just goes in a straight line. what tyres are you using to generate that much wheel spin on 163bhp? (budgets) :db:

Longboarder mentioned converting push in shafts to bolt in or something like that?? Just weighing it up at mo. If going to have to buy An lsd diff (finding 3.62 is hard) and have to convert to bolt in shafts do I then need to convert to disk brakes? If so it going to cost about the same as fitting ATB into existing diff

ive just looked at quaife atb for sierras and i am shocked at the prices £800 ish plus fitting 2nd hand lsd around the £300 to 400 mark. suspension tuning and some sticky tyres might be your best option.

Unless like me you just want one regardless then go for it 8)

My tyres aren't the best, they're the original kit Yokohamas dated 2004 so nicely mature but I've got to say that with the LSD, they do seem to put the power down surprisingly well. Obviously I can light them up if I want to but similar to Rob, I have a verrrrrry long travel on the accelerator which makes it easy to apply the power in a controlled manner.