Gbs

DAVE CASTLE

Very exciting. When I had a think about this last year I reckoned putting Tesla gubbins on was going to double the weight , so I look forward to what they'll pull together at Boughton. Could be a route to tax free hobby motoring !

Guest Jomeo69

Oddly enough our company was quite interested in this grant for obvious reasons

www.Ashwoodselectricmotors.com

Im very glad it went to a small company tho. Will make a massive difference and will also get the GBS name out there. Not to mention will end up with a wicked fun little car at the end of it.

exciting. I love the idea of having an electric seven. Although it's already been done by various others

Out of interest if you retro fitted a kitcar with an electric motor instead of an engine would you still have to pay tax? would it just be the under the '1.6' price as zero CC is less than 1.6?!

Cool. 2 million, wow. That opens my eyes wide. I'm not entirely sure what I think about that.

All electric seems to be the obvious way to go. Make the most of the weight advantage (or lack thereof). I don't see how you'd have enough space for an engine *and* batteries (at least not ones of any useful capacity)... also just the type of owner/driver, I don't think they are really after a long-range tourer. I know that's not a description that fits most of US, we're quite big with our touring, but as a generalism the L7 scene is more that "out for a quick weekend blast" group, I think it's fair to say.