Headlight Issues

Guest 1tricky

Guest 1tricky

Hi wondered if anyone could help

Got a part built 2b which we built up to a point where we are wiring.

Got the indicators, hazard lights, fan, heater fan, wipers, side lights working ok.

But had issues with the head lights on dip and main beam. After much figuring out I worked out that the brown / black wire from left switch to right switch wasnt earthing through switch on right. I can get it working if I connect washer bottle up. But this doesn't seem right.

Thre days on this now, any help would be much appreciated.

Base Loom is one out of 1800cc sierra pinto registered 1987 if that helps

Thanks

That wire connects 56 to 56 between the two column switches. You can check continuity from 56A&B through the Left column switch, out at 56 and across to the other 56 on right col switch.(Which of 56Aor B depends on position of left col switch)

It does depend on the 31 terminal on the right switch having a good earth wire on it.(It may not earth effectively through the column itself.) This is sometimes missed (Most likely cause!) as it's not in the terminal blocks but a single spade terminal on the metal of the right switch up top I think. If you can't find it just do your own earth wire to the metal body of the right column switch.

Also depends on the right column switch working correctly and not being bust inside.

Nigel