Form Filling Sva / Iva

Guest Larson250

Guest Larson250

I can only apologise before I go any further.

I have tried searching for the following info but drawn a blank.

Please help!

I am looking at filling the forms in at the minute and I have just reached the questions:-

What is the maximum design road speed for this vehicle?

What is the engine maximum power and the engine speed at which it is obtained?

My car is a RH Zero and the engine is a 2 litre Pinto that will be on bike carbs, (was EFI)

Cheers,

Dean

Guest robinj66

Max design speed is whatever you want to put - BUT you need to ensure that your tyes are marked to cope with that speed. I would suggest that a figure between 115 - 120 mph would keep VOSA quiet.

The max power revs is a bit more difficult. The Sierra Haynes manual shows different figures depending on the type of engine - injected engines with codes NRB & N4A make max power (85kW) at 5500 rpm but the carbed engines and the P100 make max power at 5200 (77kW) and 4500 (57kW) respectively. Your setup is a bit of a hybrid and you need some guidance as to what as been accepted in the past.

The importance of this figure is that it is used to calculate the revs at which the noise test is conducted (75% of the max power figure) so you normally want it as low as you can .

Guest scrabster
Cheers guys,

I think I may have sorted it now.

Dean

hi dean,i made the mistake of putting 6050rpm on my application and it failed the noise test but the nice man at vosa looked it up on a web site and said it was 5750rpm if i remember right,re done the test and it passed but only just 101 is the max,mine was100.2.

jess.