Mot Today

I've been dreading this mot more than any before, with changes to the rules etc. 1st big worry was emissions, I run 450cc injectors and no idle control valve meaning it idles at 1000rpm and hunts a little bit with the afr 11.5 and 13.5 (rich) previous years mot stations visually tested it only Q plate, now it has to be tested to pass 4.5% to my surprise it did 3.5 %.. next worry was brakes, I have just fitted a new brake system 4pot willwood midilites fronts with 285 discs willwood fast rd pads new pipes m/c etc also converted the rear from drum to disc etc the brakes had done 0 miles as car hasn't been moted for months so not bedded in or tested thankfully it past no issue at all. Only potential fail points were no rear reflectors headlight aim way to high (new LEDs) and main beam indicator. Thankfully he had these bits in stock and let me adjust the aim. This mot was the full no holds barred test and the car got through with ease, well happy now...

• Like 4

I envy your horsepower but not those worries. Mine went in a couple of weeks ago with no attention at all paid to what came out of the exhaust, only that it was all connected and sealed properly. We even had to wait around in the office for a bit so that it didn't appear that the mot had taken so little time when it was printed off. I stood and watched but as the tester said there's not much to see once you've done the obvious.

• Like 1

My previous mot have been similar, this guy is fairly young and keen, he was mainly being carefully due to mot stations being checked up on at the minute to see they are adhering to all the new rules... To be honest I don't mind at least I know my car 100%

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest red robin

Can anyone confirm what mot emission levels (if any) my 1994 manufactured T16 (Rover 2.0 Turbo) engined SS registered in 2012 on a 62 plate should be subject too. Under the taxable emissions on GOV uk it says 0g/KG

The car has NA against emissions on the IAC date of manufacture is 2012 date of Registration says used so is it subject to 3.5?