Fuses

Jack,

wheel brace

Bits of hose fuel & water

Cable ties

Cable tie adhesive mounts

Nuts bolts screws & washers

That way you have a fighting chance of sorting any little isdues

Right already to go, and the car wouldn't start typical. Eventually got the car started I think it was cold/damp all loaded onto Jess's trailer (thanks Jess), covered in tarpaulin nothing else I can do now. All in the hands of the test centre in Kidderminster, hoping for some good weather.

I am being positive so I'll give an update on the failure list tomorrow night.

Guest Ian & Carole

Just remember that the tester tomorrow is your best friend, what ever he says you agree with, if you get my drift.

It is hard but think of it as a large MOT, and if the worst happens and it fails all you have then is a "to do" list to enable the pass.

All the best.

It's a fail, or in Keith's words not to the requirements of the IVA manual. I cannot fault Kieth, very fair and honest explained what the requirement was and it should be tested. He crossed reference every failure to the manual. Hell of a day the trailer lights failed (13 to 7 pin adapter faulty than blew car light lights), spent time fixing that problem in the end it was easier to get the wife's car to tow the trailer. A good point about caravan towing we always have a spare car with tow hitch.

Failed on;

1. Metered emissions exceeding both carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon.

2. Reversing lamps - annoyed with this one because I tested all lights before going on the trailer bulb and fuse OK, suspect the switch.

3. Masses and dimensions, used figures from forum failed - need to amend declared weights.

4. General construction - fan fuse in engine bay by open to elements, need water proof housing and starter terminals need rubber covers.

Overall happy with the results, only a small list to do and all easy to fix. I need to find a guy who can tune twin dellortos and travel to do the emissions or borrow a trailer again.

Anyway thanks for you help.

Mrb tuning (Malcolm) is a mobile tuner who I've used plenty of times in the past. Has all the equipment in the back of his van and a tester he shoves up your exhaust which measures emissions....and he is old school so is at home with twin carbs (he's done both webers and delortos for me)

Not as good as a full rolling road set up but still bl00dy good!

I seem to remember that he is Nottingham based and usually charges me 30quid to travel to ripley and tune the car.

• 4 months later...

Finally found some one local (Baileys performance) who can tune twin Dellortos and get my emissions down, booked in for Friday which only leaves me 3 weeks for a re-test. Going to be tight and will not make first kit car show, gutted.