Google

Longboarder

It gets better. This evening I thought I would just check the wiring to my speedo which works off the gearbox but has been almost as bewildered as me of late. So of with the gear lever gaiter and trim ring. Still difficult to see into the tunnel so off with the knob to remove the gaiter completely but the knob fell from my feeble fingers into the tunnel. Torch, mirror and selection from my quiver of spectacles but I couldn't see it. (Not sure if I should have had my readers on or my TV specs or my driving ones). Fished around a bit with a wire coat-hanger to no avail. Did think of trying to blast it out with the garden hose but eventually jacked up the back of the car and fished it out from the back of the tunnel after about one hour in total.

While jacking up the car and lying under it I stepped in and then rolled in a dollop of cat poo without realising it. Well it's very windy out and it was not until I had a tea break after I finally recovered the gear knob and before I got on with checking the wires that I noticed the problem. In the still, warm air of the kitchen my nose, which strangely still works OK despite the poor airflow due to the hairs which now rival the hanging gardens of babylon, began to detect that all was not well with the atmosphere in the kitchen and that I had a bit more of a personal freshness problem than usual. An open door policy was a good plan followed by cleaning the poo off the passenger seat in the car, the kitchen floor, the kitchen stool (seat and foot bar) and my boots. Then dump the clothes in the machine and me in the shower. And I still haven't checked the wires to the speedo or remembered what I was trying to look up on the internet. Tomorrow methinks if I remember.

Nigel