Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa

tractor

Great news, do you know why it is running rough? Mines to do with idle jets, air correctors and main jets also speaking to Eurocarb I should have a set with 5 progression holes.

Hope you fix it before Stoneleigh.

Great news, do you know why it is running rough? Mines to do with idle jets, air correctors and main jets also speaking to Eurocarb I should have a set with 5 progression holes.

Hope you fix it before Stoneleigh.

my 45 webers are the 5 progression hole type, apparently a zetec will not run properly without them.

i am surprised it runs at all after i have just found another section in the megasquirt manual the spark signal wires are labeled ABCD and injector wires are labeled 1234 so i wired them in cylinder order but the numbers mean firing order doooooh

firing oreder 1342

adbc

Edited by tractor

i am surprised it runs at all after i have just found another section in the megasquirt manual the spark signal wires are labeled ABCD and injector wires are labeled 1234 so i wired them in cylinder order but the numbers mean firing order doooooh

easy mistake, easy to rectified.

I saw an explanatory vid from Nodiz for wiring 4 cyl and V8 motors using wasted spark and ABCD. Most tortured explanation ever. Labelled a single zetec coil pack A and B for 4 cyl and two coil packs A, B and C,D.

4 cyl firing was 1342/ABAB and V8 was 18436572/ACBDACBD. Talk about making it hard. A picture clears some of the fog.

Nigel

post-21-0-88770000-1492506005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder

well rewired the coils and injectors today still popping and banging so took coils and plugs out balanced them on the exhaust manifold and put it in test mode and number one coil seemed to fire at random so moved it to number two and the problem moved with it so rushed off to get another coil put the new one on and all fired ok so put it all back together and still the same problem

it does say in the manual that it needs cam sensor to fire coils correctly in the short time i have had it running the tuner program is coming up with a cam fault whilst i have rewired the multi plug for the cam vr sensor and adjusted potentiometers on the ecu the supplier said the best way to do it is with the engine running they are impossible to get to when everything is live and i cant run the engine for more than a few seconds so i am a bit stuck :unsure: