Tyre Size Options And Tyre Recommendations?

agent_zed

Hi,

just starting to get things together to get the 2b mot'd as missing it very much. I need 2 new rear tyres as i've worn out the inners from the problem with too much camber.

I've currently got 195/50/15's and wondering if that is the best size to stick with or perhaps increase to 195/55/15's.

What do others normally use? Blackcircles seem to do cheaper '50' profile over '55' so perhaps sticking with what i have is best.

What's a good budget tyre? http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/dunlop/sport-bluresponse/195/50/R15/V/82/f?tyre=32108933seem to have good ratings and rim protectors.

I've not pushing much power so i don't need to hold down 200 horses.

195/50r15 is ideal. Lots of hot hatches used that size so lots of performance tyres available at sensible pricing. As for what to go for, few recommendations below all available mail order on camskill, expect to pay a local tyre fitters about £40-50 for fitting and balancing all 4 tyres and disposal of the old ones.

Toyo t1r - cheap good dry weather tyre, not so good in damp or wet conditions - about £35 each

Uniroyal rainsport - fantastic wet weather handling and good in the dry - about £45 each

Hankook Ventura v12 evo - very good dry weather tyre with good wet weather handling - about £42 each

Michelin pilots sport 3 - more expensive than the other options, but in my experience will give the best overall performance, the most feedback, best limit handling and actually lasted longer than the others too. - about £55 each

• Like 1

I have TOYO T1Rs on my MX5......avoid them, they are awful in the wet,

& no better than OK in the dry.

I use bog standard Michelins on my Hood for everyday use,

they are very good in the dry & awesome in the wet,

& Toyo 888s for track days.....scarily grippy in the dry, but again awful in the wet.

HTH Bob

i used to run hankook on my bmw and found them to be a good predictable all round tyre.

unsure if fitting them to the kit will be suitable as its weight may not get heat into them

i used to run yoko parada spec 2 and found them to be a great tyre,plenty of grip and predictable... not great in the wet..but it aint a wet weather car.

cool thanks for the info. I am aiming to drive the 2b a lot more this year and my commute is through the forest of dean so can be a bit wet and muddy etc so want a tyre that is good in the wet as well as dry. Will check out some of the above.

thanks

cool. My local garage will do them for £49 each all in. So i think rainsports it is.

Going to be an expensive month with 2 tyres, an MOT, Tax and insurance. And another 2 tyres on my GF's daily drive and MOT.

Itching to get the 2b back on the road, just did a bit of tidying today as she was looking a bit sad after sitting for many months.

Thansk