Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

The only downside I have found with Roadsure is that it has taken just under

3 months for me to recieve my policy .

I initially had a 1month cover note then I kept thinking the policy will come

tomorrow, when I phoned they said they had a cover note for a further 2months .

but they did not send it to me. The policy arrived about aweek after my call

pete

Mine came within the month. I'm 25, couldn't use my No claims bonus of about 6 years. 2.0l series 3. Cost me about £150 fully comp £100 excess included RAC cover.

Now that's not bad consdering my MR2 costs me £650 fully comp £300 excess using my 6 years no claims for 12000 miles!

• 1 month later...
Guest The Rev

Took everyone's advice and had a couple of calls to Adrian Flux and Roadsure. Not needing the frills and fancies (Legal Protection, Recovery etc.) as I have these with my every day car's insurance I eventually went for Roadsure at £100 full comprehensive with 5,000 mile annual limit.

I'll let you know when the full policy arrives (if the wait is excessive)

Seems good to me when I pay £170 for my 1.2 Corsa and £150 for my K100RS BMW. Oh the benefits of being over 40! ;)

• 2 months later...

i pay 174 with fluxy at present can i ask if anyone has this on thier policy it states

for social domestic pleasure excluding travel to a permanent place of work

what use is this i cant show it of at work :boohoo:

give them a ring, tell them you want to use it for the odd trip to work when the sun shines. in fact tell them it should have covered that from the start, and if they want to charge you for 'administration' say "why should you when you got it wrong in the first place?" and "I'll bet Roadsure will get it right next time!"

Guest Tony Tank

Hello all

I paid £131 to Fluxie last July for full comp 3000 miles 2 Litre and am covered for social, dom and pleasure INCLUDING drawing a trailer :p .

I am 44 and live in Stotty country. (Gods Country) :rolleyes:

But not for travel to or from a place of work, but I was aware of this when I took the cover. ;)

This year I will be giving Roadsure a try for a 5000 mile policy and hopefully for to and from work occasionally. B)

If u go for agreed value with Fluxie watch out for the red tape paperwork they send u :gdit:

Tank

• 1 month later...

Update on Insurance

Just got my renewal from Flux 3k miles £157+ legal £16+accident cover£13 + breakdown £20 = £226 :gdit:

Rang Roadsure, 5k Miles and breakdown close to above, looks like last years prices were introdutory :boohoo:

MSM insurance (in back of whichkit) wont insure RH's cheeky git said build quality was suspect, then backtracked and said kit spec was not has good as other manufacturers, with 700+ members in the club and god knows how many others on the road, its a wonder we all pass the Sva/mot.

Graham sykes £244 :ph34r:

Sureterm direct 0870 2020230, 5k miles £143.48p + £28 for breakdown cover, they threw in legal cover when i got a close quote from Heritage (also in Whichkit),

but i didnt tell them that was 4k miles.

:D :D

Rang Flux back (garantee to meet any qoute) and was told they would beet it IF I sent details of there policy, and would not say by how much, so im not buggering about for a couple of quid and this year my buisness goes to Sureterm who quoted me HAPPY.

But must say Heritage were very close £2 difference and there policy includes breakdown cover and legal protection £169.40 but for 4k miles

Last year got stung for £157+£30 for breakdown from Flux.

Hope this info helps others to get fair quotes

Mitch

On the breakdown cover I always say no to the insurance policies. The big reason here is that I have a joint policy for roadside AND RELAY with the AA. This cover my wife an I IN ANY CAR - be it one of our cars, or as a passenger or driver of someone elses. Ok so it's 90 quid a year, but I even called them out to a minibus once! From what I've seen of the "with insurance" policies they're for a particular car, hence we need 3 policies rather than 1, and we're still not covered in other people's cars. Has anyone got "any car" and "relay" cover with their insurance? If so can we have the details please.

Ant

I just renewed my insurance yesterday.

Renewal was £136.29 for comprehensive cover, SD&P inc. commuting, 3000 miles and breakdown cover from Graham Sykes.

Roadsure came out as the same, when I told them that it was what I got quoted from Graham Sykes they said they would knock off £5.

Didn't seem worth the hastle to change for sake of a fiver, and the breakdown cover from Roadsure was basic RAC, whereas Graham Sykes Uk Assist covers roadside repairs, car hire if taken to a garage to be repaired, hotel accomodation for 1 night while car being repaired or recovery home if it can't be fixed within 24 hrs.

All the other company's didn't come close.

Les

ps. phoned yesterday afternoon, insurance arrived this morning

• 1 month later...

On the subject of Insurance I have just paid 171 with Heritage. This includes legal cover and breakdown cover!!.

Roadsure wanted £199.

Car is S7 with 2.8 lump. I have no NCB to use on this car and this includes commuting.

I am 35 no accs/conv. Mileage is based on 3000 but is adjustable if there is more sun in the year than usual.

I was surprised to learn that the chap that arranged it, I used to work with about 10 years ago.

I'm not advertising, but if you want a quote from Heritage then ring Andrew on 0121 246 6067 he is happy to help and has a definate interest in kit cars. May see some Heritage stands at Kit Car shows this year as this is a market they are trying to expand into they tell me.

Hope pinning tel no doesn't contravene any forum regulations.

Guest Battery Bill

All

My experiences:

Heritage £221 (Bloody hell) Little girl answered the phone and did not know if they did "Kit cars", nearly said "You do cos Mitch told me :lol: "

Adrian Flux cant remember but less than that :rolleyes:

Graham Sykes,

Held on answerphone for 10+ minutes only to be cut off, could not do it via the net because you could not change the make of Rhood to a 2B :gdit: :gdit:

Sent snotty e-mail recieved fairly quick apology but tough luck for them I had already gone with:

Roadsure £142 fully comp, legal protection etc etc. (5000 miles)

:D Better get the bugger SVAd quick now. :wub: :wub:

Just a point to check.

I have two "normal" cars one insured with Direct line one with Churchill, both include RAC cover for the car regardless of driver, & the policyholder in "any other car".

When I quizzed them, they both said that the breakdown cover does not cover any car over 15 years old. I explained my Hood was first registered in 2002, but they wouldnt budge because of the B reg.

Beware!

Bob.