First Trip Out 2018

kevin the chicken

I had a union meeting to go to today and having no other transport other than borrowing mums car had kept an eye on the weather forecast. Looked favourable if cold so set off for my 35 mile journey in the kit.

4 miles down the road, bang went a stone straight through the windscreen. Luckily I was wearing a fur hat and polycarbonate sunglasses even though it wasn't sunny so didn't take too many hits and thankfully no injury. Stopped,knocked the rest out, put my helmet on and carried on.

Now where is the best place to get a replacement cut. Has anybody had one done anywhere near me? Am I best looking for an independent fitter rather than a major chain. I did try half heartedly once before to get a laminated screen but was put off by the price so bought a pair of protective glasses instead.

Gone right off the idea of an aeroscreen now.

I definitely need a laminated screen this time. My car was first registered 1996 so I would have thought your screen is about the same age. I don't know how to tell if it is laminated or toughened until it breaks! If it's a case of 90 quid I may just go that way especially if they can put it in properly for me. I could even take the screen frame to them. But it's good of you to offer, thanks.