New Owner, One Day Old And Overheated. Need Help!

Guest Jtomo

Guest Jtomo

The thermostat opens and fan runs. The water pump is flowing fine. Will try again with a tighter seal. Ive cancelled the rolling road tuning until i get this sorted, or at least holding temperature below 100deg!

Guest Jtomo

Popped out today with a new rad cap cover, got to 100deg then I heard fizzing! Not the full cascade of water as last time, but still a small leak!

I have tried the double gasket trick, slicing my finger in the process, but then down came the rain so have to wait until it drys up before I can test.

Guest Jtomo

It was going so well!! :80: Ok, you the extra gasket in the rad cap seems (Fingers crossed) to have done the trick. Went out for a good run earlier to get the car up to temperature. Hovered around 95, then I stopped to pick something up form the post office. 20 mins later I got back in and was heading home, the gauge was initially working then all of a sudden at some lights, I set off (In haste) and the gauge dropped to zero! Nothing, nada, no measure! :crazy:

Got home ok though and although my legs were roasting like chicken on a skewer, I checked the cap and to my surprise, no major leaking!!! :rofl:

So one problem solved (Maybe!), now to solve the gauge issues! To be fair, the gauges are all crap! Not sure any of them work properly - the speedo jumps up and down! Gonna need some serious advice! Whilst my mechanical skills are limited (I'm learning), my electrical skills are non existent!!! :help:

Rolling road re-booked. Hopefully a smoother running engine may also help the cause. :diablo:

Being a kit car that is one of the design features an item falling off now and then to keep you on your toes. It was a good hot day to test the cooling though. The cars can get rather hot with all the heat transfer through the metal but it makes a heater an unnecessary piece of weight. Mine never worked and when there was no tapping for it on my replacement engine out it Came!

bad earths are the cause of many issues on a kit..

i wrapped my exhaust to keep the foot well cooler. as the exhaust was next to it.

plus some heat reflector in the foot well too