Tracking, Damping Spring Heights

speedtripledan

Been having a right play with the suspension over the last 2 days and wow what a different car, i started by trying to corner weight the car, ive got two heavy duty scales and using my ramp to lower the car on and off the scales i realised that its harder than it looks as everything needs to bang on level or the results are dramatically effected. i gave up on that idea and decided the rake angle was easier to set so Ive dropped the front springs down by 25mm on the adjusters, raised the rear by the the same reduced damping from 5 to 3 on the front and gone from 3 to 5 on the back. then went for a drive it was like a different car far less scitish and more stable on the fast bumpy stuff we have round here.

Today i bought post-2558-0-23009700-1494434550_thumb.jpg

as setting tracking up is a bit of a pain when you dont know what the zero point is to start with, i quickly found that o/s front was 1.5deg toe in and n/s was 1 deg toe in,

from there i could use my track ace post-2558-0-08636100-1494437458_thumb.jpg

to take both wheels back to 0deg, a quick recheck with the track rite to check it was 0 then i adjusted it with approx 1/8deg toe in both sides. then off for another blast round the bumpy B roads Derbyshire is blessed with and again the car is much improved, to he point it felt almost normal for the 1st time in all the yrs ive owned it...

All the extra power has just made pre existing problems more of a problem, but now its sorted as best i can get it. think next thing is go to roadrunner racing and get it corner weighted professionally..

• Like 1