Dvla Nightmare

Guest turbo

nine weeks now since passing my sva and still no plates.

today i received a letter from dvla telling me my sierra mot certificate had expired and i will have to get the robin hood mot'd ,that the chassiss number on the sierra log book did not match the one in the built up inspection of the robin and that i would probably have to get a Q plate,and the engine number did not match the log book :angry: :angry:

what now :wacko:

Guest Tony Tank

Did you not prep everything before SVA , correct engine number on log book and so on.

Do THEY not give you a new chassis number when you register the hood ???? <_<

What does the mot on the sierra have to do with the hood ??? <_<

It sounds like the person :wacko: dealing with you does not know what they are doing.

I would phone your local registration office and ask what is going on.

Good luck

Tank ;)

Guest Petemate

Total idiocy at the DVLA office.

1. Built-up inspection needed prior to SVA if you want the DVLA to issue your chassis no. (if you make your own up it may be a problem depending on the office, and if they give you one, (!) it can reduce the time to register) I take it this is what you did? Or if you made your own up, hopefully it will be unique!!

2. As stated, the vin no of the donor has NOTHING to do with the kit.

3. MOT is NOT required, insist they contact Swansea while you wait.

4. If you (you HAVE, haven't you?) have the donor on SORN, MOT does not feature in any shape or form. Sounds like they need a trained-up kit person at that office pronto...

Best of luck, be polite but FIRM

Pete

Guest Battery Bill

Pete

1. Built-up inspection needed prior to SVA if you want the DVLA to issue your chassis no.

Have I read it wrong, but its not we registered ours before SVA and got a chassis number and the build up inspection was afterwards when they issued the Reg number.

Turbo

I would start camping on their doorstep if I was you and make sure you speak to the top person not the monkey :gdit: :gdit:

Guest Petemate

Yes Bill, that was lucky (MORE than lucky!), I also got the V55, but couldn't complete it until after the SVA. Also, the nice man at our local VRO did the BUI within two days of my request - he explained this would speed up the process after SVA. They are a funny lot aren't they, don't work to any kind of standard... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

a good man paul jepson gave me a call with some advice telling me i did not require an mot and that my built up inspection did not seem to be adequit so i got on the phone and asked for a supervisor and the beatch said based on the info they have the car would get a q plate.

she left me saying she would call the built up inspector to enquire but if no new info was got it would be q.

that was a week ago now :gdit: :gdit: i am rageing

my next move is to demand my paperwork back and go elsewhere.

Guest craig030774

i made my own chassis number sva,d it then went to register it engine number matched sierra ( not the original one though :ph34r: )and all done and dusted

go to lincoln

and get a cuppa from bill ;)

Guest paul thompson

I made up my Chassis number but went to DVLA BEFORE stamping in the chassis to check it was OK. They looked on thier computer and said no problemo. Stamped the chassis number in the appropriate place and off to SVA. When passed booked Built up inspection Drove (illegally apprently) to inspection then off to DVLA next day to collect Tax and Reg Number. V easy, At Brum DVLA btw. No MoT for 3 years (2 now) cause it says so on the letter confirming reg number which you need to get your plates made up as you won't have a reg doc till it comes in the post.

Guest johnboymac

turbo,

I can't believe the trouble youve had. I went along to the dvla office in edinburgh the day after my sva (took a long lunch in fact...) handed over the forms - told them my vin no. got the number plate certificate there and then, no built up inspection or anything like that. the worst part was waiting fifteen minutes in the queue.

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon, we're running out of decent weather up here this year.

J

went to dvla glasgow and told them to give me back all my papers as i am going elsewhere.

took a drive to edinburgh dvla and they said bring in all the usual papers and insurance for the tax then give them a couple of days to issue a reg number.

hope this works :blink:

got to edinburgh this morning at 11 o clock and left the with the plates 15 minutes later :D :D i cant believe the ten weeks i have wasted at glasgow. :gdit:

waw its great to be on the road. :p :p :D