Engine Just About Sorted....

Tazzzzman1

In between work and family, managed to crack on with the build over the Christmas period. This weekend, put the finishing touches to the engine. Don't think it looks too bad, and is a good colour match for the car.

Even managed to get in the odd bit of obligatory polishing and bling.... :clapping:

Planning to keep it standard for now and have a play next winter with a turbo and some head work (270+ bhp in my sights) :diablo: :diablo: .

If things keep going this well, should be to plan for a spring IVA...fingers crossed! Just hope I have managed to get the electrics etc right, guess time will tell... :crazy:

Hope to be looking at getting engine and gear box in before the end of the month.

post-2721-0-27035500-1326056750_thumb.jpg post-2721-0-79453700-1326056777_thumb.jpg post-2721-0-33231700-1326056780_thumb.jpg

Guest jasonmorris

Polishing and bling, what you Terry, no never lol......

Seriously though mate engine looks well. I think I'm not the only one on here that's dying to see how well your road runner performs. After all they do look like a really well developed kit.

Oh and happy new year mate, I know it's a bit late but what the hell.

Rgds,

Jason

looks good, ive just purchased my robin hood and was thinking mx5 as a future conversion as my friend has completed many supercharger and turbo conversions at his company.

its something were going to price up agaist the zetec option

Engine looks super good. I'm sure the zetec has become the natural sucessor to the pinto because it bolts straight up to a type 9 or MT75 and it's cheap and easy to get hold of. £650 for a brand new one is just incredible. But these big advantages but not based on the performance of the engine. You still have all the other bits to buy, just not a bellhousing. Many are tempted to fit a brand new engine and the cost then pretty much equals any other engine conversion.

So why not go mazda/honda/toyota/nissan or a different ford, SE, duratec or 6 cylinders based on performance choice?

Nigel

Bloody. Perfectionist!!! Looks fan'bloody'tastic, I will pop over and have a butchers when i finally bring your compression tester back.

Always welcome mate....

Well pleased with how the engine and build has come along, especially as I have been literally around the world over the past months!!

I just hope the rest of the car looks as good as the engine does.....hope she fires up!!!

cheers

Terry