Info: 108Mm Lobro "cosworth" 2Wd Drive Shafts For Cosworth Lsd

Guest samss

I'm swapping my diff for one from a Mercedes, which like the Cosworth 2.0 2WD Sierra uses 108mm Lobros with 10mm bolts.

The standard sierra, if using the Lobro type (as usually found on disc braked donors) are typically 100mm lobros and 8mm bolts.

I thought this might help if anyone wants to fit a cosworth diff to their car.

J & R Driveshafts ( http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk- also on ebay, but website currently cheaper ) now sell the correct drive shafts to take the 108mm Lobros (which are a different spline count to the shaft that take 100mm lobros usually). The lengths are very similar to standard sierra ones.

I purchased:

460mm Shaft: BAR12 £24inc vat

503mm Shaft: BAR13 £24inc vat
4x CV Joints with boots and circlips: JR454 @ £39.99each inc vat (these are 40mm thick)
As you can see the drive shafts themselves are cheap, it's the joints that aren't when you need 4!
I also bought 2x hub stub flanges for 108mm lobros, which I have yet to confirm fit a standard disc braked setup. they were £24 each part number: JR470.
You appear to be able to buy the complete shaft made up for the same price, but it didn't confirm dimensions on the website, so i ordered the bits (dead easy as it's only 2x circlips, grease and 2x crimps for the boots.
Sam

Guest gazza1591

Cheers for the information Sam think it helps me out a lot but if possible could you post up what your dimensions are from diff flange to hub flange once you are ready to fit them please

Sorry for the delay, I'm using a 1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel Diff, It doesn't fit the subframe, it needs the sierra subframe diff bracket trimming slightly, going to have to make some sort of modified mounting, I'll take some photos! It will be something welded to the sierra tube / original bracket I suspect.

The merc diff has 2 large bolts (looked like m14/m16!) on the rear casing and a thinner, maybe m10/m12 vertical mounting at the front of the diff. Swapping it on the advice of a friend who has built a few vehicles with such engines and his friend has broken a few sierra diffs in one vehicle! Although given the weight of the RH perhaps it wouldn't have been a problem, but.... whilst it's in bits, why not?!

The 108mm shafts are from the sierra cosworth 2wd, but they fit my application :)

I'll keep everyone up to date, hoping to crack on with it in the next week, got to get a weatherproof workspace set up for winter!