Rip Off

Guest Noddy006

Guest Noddy006

Hi all. Just wanted to let the pessure off. Got renewal from Adrian Flux this pm. They wanted £252 (Increase of £80.00) to cover sub K, 3000 miles, include 2 sons in their 30s and breakdown cover. Bit of research and Frank Pickles does it for £133. Guess who got the business. Don't get caught. The extra money can go towards thenew guages I am eyeing up.

Cheers

Ian H

Guest superspec

I had same experience with A F. Got renewal last year, then got compatison from another company which was £96 pounds less. Went bach to A F and they requoted £100 Less. Just goes to show how much money was being taken off me during the previous years when i did not query the renewal amount.

I had same experience with A F. Got renewal last year, then got compatison from another company which was £96 pounds less. Went bach to A F and they requoted £100 Less. Just goes to show how much money was being taken off me during the previous years when i did not query the renewal amount.

I see this quite a bit.

It's obvious AF are taking the mickey and subsidising policies off the back of other customers.

This effectively means they are getting away with it and more realistic traders are getting screwed.

Why not in future take the quote for £96 and reward the companies that are trying?

After all, it's only a pint of beer.

Guest craig030774

i have done this several times in going back to original agent and asking if they could match or better the quote and when they said yes I have always told them well you should of gave me your best price first time i dont want you now . . :D :D

I've done that on several occasions with motor insurance companies. I don't usually go back to them for a second quote but when they call asking why I haven't renewed I'll tell them I've got it cheaper elsewhere and when they offer to beat my new quote I tell them they should have quoted their best price in the first place rather than what they thought they could get away with.

Iain