Bonnet Serie 3

Guest JimmyRH

Guest JimmyRH

Hi all, I have a Serie 3, happy with it, but my bonnet is not 100% fitting the bodywork. This has been so since purchase, but its getting annoying.

Can I fix some reïnformcements on the inside so it becomes more firm? Has any one ever done this? and has somebody got any additional bonnet hinges on the scuttle? this is where the problem lies.

My original bonnet had reinforcing strips bonded to the inside to stiffen it but it still had a "wave" on the rear edge which I believe is caused by the louvres being pressed in. I cut another bonnet down the middle and used strong stainless piano hinge riveted down its length. It solved the problem.

Guest JimmyRH

Thanks for the answers, So cut it in half and fix it with a hinge is the way to go. Is it also possible to buy a new bonnet without the louvres for example? I don't know if they still sell these bonnets (I'm from the Netherlands) Otherwise it's always an option to get one made I assume.