New Project

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi All

It is a Yorkshire Street Rods kit, replica Model A. YSR's own chassis, mainly 4" box section, built like a tank, with IFS Spax coilovers & Granny uprights & discs. Complete Volvo rear, inc trailing arms & coils with Volvo discs with the handbrake shoes inside a la Vauxhall Cav. Under bonnet we have the good ole Rover V8 with carbs on a type 65 'box. In the deal (and still to be picked up from Preston) is a rebuilt Rover Vitesse V8 with fuel inj & type 66 'box. BTW, I drove it down from Preston a couple of weeks ago mostly centre lane stuff at about 75-80. AND it was doing almost 25 MPG. Brill. LOADS to do; complete retrim & rewire etc but it is great fun. Rattles squeaks & clanks especially over the humps but who cares? No SVA worries and I don't mind a "Q" as I can do prettywell what I want with it.

Pete

AND - the wife LOVES it!

post-18-1155839852_thumb.jpg

Guest salty_monk

Looking good Pete... much more befitting a guy of your "seniority" :p :lol:

(and ducks quickly.....)

Can't wait to see it! Do you think it will handle the Llandow track day??

Dan :D

Guest Petemate

Thanks all for the kind comments. It looks better then it is, but I can improve it. As befitting all these types of convertible, and due to the fact it hasn't got a framework, it has lots of scuttle shake. It wouldn't hustle round a track! But it sure does go round bends & r/bouts OK due to the IFS. Dan - you are right about the 'seniority' bit! Wifey keeps saying "slow down"....

I'm planning to come to Knebworth in it. Due to the rather thirsty nature of the V8, this may preclude a visit the following week to Baldock, but who knows? At the moment it is hardly presentable, the trim is awful and the wiring a mess, also it could do with a repaint but it is a going concern. Most of what needs doing can be done while still using it, but the engine change and re-wire will be winter "off-road" jobs. A nice project though.

Pete

post-18-1155856756_thumb.jpg

post-18-1155856770_thumb.jpg

post-18-1155856865_thumb.jpg

Guest salty_monk

Pete - I remember what your hood was like, it's obviously driveable, pics look pretty good, just not up to your high standards!! Anyway, have fun!

You might want to think about an LPG conversion... (if you are putting the injection in) looks like you may have room, cut the costs down a bit.... Doesn't sound too bad though, about the same MPG as my hood!!

Dan :)