Indicators

Guest brookie

Guest daveg

Brookie

Check the earth supplies and I would measure the voltage across the battery terminals with the revs around 4500. Could also be a short somewhere in the feed from the flasher to the lamps.

What happens to the flasher and is it a genuine (spell?) part?

Dave

Guest Andy Sparrow

Some of these units are only meant for 4 off 21 watt bulbs - has someone fitted extra repeaters and not upgraded the flasher to cope - suggest a trip to Halfords as they offer several possibilities (about £2.99 as I remember) all with the right spade connections but upgraded switching capability.

(this solved my problem after I fitted additional 5w side repeaters)

Andy

Guest brookie

Carried out a load test on both sides of the indicator system.

The passenger side takes about 1.6 amps with both lamps flashing, the drivers side takes about 54 amps indicating a short on the wiring.

Started opening up the wiring loom and the problem disappeared, started to rewrap the loom for the problem wasn't present finished the rewrap and the problem had returned. Reopened the loom and the problem had disappeared, renew some soldered joints, reinsulated some joints problem seemed to have been sorted.

Only time will tell, thanks to those who took the time and trouble to advise.

One comment that I would make is that the guy who built the car only drilled a hole and feed the cable through, as a sparks I will make the hole larger and fit a grommet for the cables to pass through. Hence no sharp edges for the cables to chaff on and possible short out especially in the rear arch.

Brookie.