Newbie With 2B

Guest Mawbs

Guest Mawbs

Hi, newbie on here, I have bought a used 2b and not collected yet. I know it needs seats, so can anyone tell me the cockpit width in the seat area, and so the widest seat base size that I can use.

Thanks.

Mawbs

Welcome!

I'm on holiday at the moment so I cant measure mine.

But the 2B is probably the widest 7 car there is.

I have standard Vauxhall SRI seats which were an option to buy at the

time I collected my car. I reckon any sports type aftermarket seat will fit,

but hopefully someone will be able to give you an exact measurement soon

Guest Mawbs

Hi everyone, thanks for having a look at my post, and answering. I am currently still on holiday and bought it off eBay and will pick it up when I come home. It definitely needs work, but in general, it is IVA registered woohoo is mostly together and running a 2.0 pinto on bike carbs. I am planning a full strip clean and re-paint, so I am not totally sure what I am going to find yet, but I am an Engineering Technician for production factories, but my love is cars and I have worked on the all my life. Years ago I built a Locost and made every single part by hand apart from the usual, tyres, wheels,steering wheel, seats etc.my colour of love is yellow, and so the 2b will also be yellow, and hope I can get it to look nearly as good as a Dax Rush.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wankel power

Hi all. Another newbie!

Bought a 2B SS recently which has been stored for the last ugh 16 years I guess, as it was supplied by the factory. Not a bit of it has been assembled. Chance finding on our favourite auction website on a dull Sunday afternoon.

I have since sold the pinto and box and bought an RX8 from which I have extracted engine, 6spd box, loom and other bits. Current engine mounts cut out to make space and this is how it currently sits in my garage.

I'm hoping to start building soon and will no doubt need LOTS of support from here.

Just a first post to say hi!

I'm in north Wales so looking for any local meets.

Hope to be able to meet at least some of you and thanks in advance for any support you can provide as it will be a long road ahead!!

Cheers

Ant

Hi everyone, thanks for having a look at my post, and answering. I am currently still on holiday and bought it off eBay and will pick it up when I come home. It definitely needs work, but in general, it is IVA registered woohoo is mostly together and running a 2.0 pinto on bike carbs. I am planning a full strip clean and re-paint, so I am not totally sure what I am going to find yet, but I am an Engineering Technician for production factories, but my love is cars and I have worked on the all my life. Years ago I built a Locost and made every single part by hand apart from the usual, tyres, wheels,steering wheel, seats etc.my colour of love is yellow, and so the 2b will also be yellow, and hope I can get it to look nearly as good as a Dax Rush.

Mark

Good to know you like yellow, you will need AA membership to help you keep the car on the road or at least get it back home. Welcome to the club.

Hi all. Another newbie!

Bought a 2B SS recently which has been stored for the last ugh 16 years I guess, as it was supplied by the factory. Not a bit of it has been assembled. Chance finding on our favourite auction website on a dull Sunday afternoon.

I have since sold the pinto and box and bought an RX8 from which I have extracted engine, 6spd box, loom and other bits. Current engine mounts cut out to make space and this is how it currently sits in my garage.

I'm hoping to start building soon and will no doubt need LOTS of support from here.

Just a first post to say hi!

I'm in north Wales so looking for any local meets.

Hope to be able to meet at least some of you and thanks in advance for any support you can provide as it will be a long road ahead!!

Cheers

Ant

Welcome to the club, I think the nearest meet is probably Stafford area. We also do a North wales trip so maybe we will see you on that one day.

Guest Wankel power

Cheers. I noticed that some have visited the Ponderosa cafe, about 15 mins from me so I'll keep a look out for that for sure.

That will be one fast car. But what about the tax? my brother-in-law had one of the last made and it was £550 a year! they drink fuel like it's free. Think he would get 20mpg on a good day and the spark plugs were about £180 each!

Might be worth considering Q-plate if you can get it taxed on engine size, which would be rather nice if dvla would accept 1300cc. Not sure how they work it out now though.

Will be awesome though :)