Bob & Mo's Bbq

fry61

Alterations have been made to the first post --advertising this event --- to make clear that the charge of £12.50 is for the skittles & pub meal ONLY --- all the rest is funded by Rhocar & ourselves.

We still need to know by the 7th July how/when you wish to attend --- please don't leave it & just turn up expecting to be fed & watered. Mo needs numbers of bodies attending in order to mix up sufficient gruel.

As previous years Al, bring your favourite tipple (& Lana's ) for yourself & to share, plus if you wish; something special to add to the BBQ or Sunday breakie. There is no need to bring any food as we have that covered but if you think of something out of the normal BBQ fare then we're happy to add it for our guests. Last year we had a few kg of prime steak brought along & a big pot of home made coleslaw, tins of sweets/chocs & plus of coarse this year BT's apple pies.

That's useful Bob, but a simple request from Lana (and for other ladies I guess) about the stinging nettle free bog option...

Would it be an idea to fit a light (solar??) so that 'ladies can find their handbags in the dark?

Edited by Al Milton

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nudge that the invitation to our Rhocar BBQ closes on July 7th --- please ensure you have posted your wish to attend & how many are in your party. That's this Friday, folks.

The light last year was provided by an adjacent outside light --- was this sufficient Al, or do I need to install an internal one?

Hi Bob,

The adjacent light never gave me trouble, but then again I didn't need to find my handbag in the dark!

But from memory, it was a bit gloomy after sunset as not much light from the adjacent source penetrated the portaloo wall

• 3 weeks later...

Seems I have missed a few guests from our BBQ list --- please check & shout if you're still not on it. Hopefully I have got it right, have checked all P.M's, phone calls & E-mails.

The list is on Page One.

Edited by florin metal works

My crystal ball seems to have mis-read the weather for the week-end, always a problem with long range predictions made in May.

How-ever all the tents are up so plenty of shelter from sun/rain/hail, will be just a matter of dodging the drops if & when they occur.

See you all as planned--- a brolly may be prudent.

• Like 1