Zetec And Electric Water Pump Still Overcooling

speedtripledan

Dan.

Incidently and on another note, zetecs are designed to run at higher oil temps. If you lower the overall working temp the oil will not get to its optimum and this will cause premature wear.

Thats what i,m trying to do is raise temps, the water rail either over cools or under cools there was never a happy point using stats and took for ever to warm up. which is why i went down the route of the DC EWP..... i may still sell the lot and use the standard ford housing not decided yet...

Edited by DanE

Another vote for the raceline rail being poorly designed. Who puts a stat at the end of a pipe with no flow until the stat is heated by the non existent flow. Their instructions used to say fill, get up to heat ignore the water that is pushed out. Let cool. Don't worry that there's now a load of air in the rail. Just run like that. Sure you can make it work after a fashion with various bodges.

Expensive garbage. (Unlike their zetec sump which is perfect if you have a type 9 box.)

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

now installed an 88deg stat with a 3mm hole in it, closed off the bypass and the engine runs around 88deg moving which is great but could have been achieved without the DC system, it also renders the dc system useless as it will not allow me to drop temps below stat temp. the whole point was electronic control instead of mechanical.

lets see what they come back with?

Guest mcramsay

I contacted DC with a few questions on pump orientation and they responded overnight and it wasnt just a generic answer from the FAQ on the website... even though I couldnt get the pump to work in my car ( at the moment! Not completely given up!) the customer service was spot on

I've been in talks with them after the generic email and having a discussion with demon tweeks who seem to have contacted them. I received a large email from DC with an apology and a large list of questions on my set up & specs. I answered everything which they then passed on to there chief engineer, they have concluded I need the ewp 80 and there other controller. I maybe miss reading there email but I think they are sending out new kit from Oz.if this then turns out to be the case then that is top customer service ! Either way they do now seem to be interested in solving the issues...

• Like 1

I wonder if their 'other' controller is the one I have?

When I was looking at the ewp's at the start of this problem, I noticed that their controllers have been greatly updated (digital displays etc...) since I bought mine 5 years ago.....I was even tempted to buy one just for the bling factor