Hazard And Indicator Wiring

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I'm struggling with my loom to make hear nor tale of the hazzatd and indicator wiring, the loom is from rapid fit looms so it's not gbsc or viki green but it must work the same, it has a 3 pin flasher relay and on the dash section of the loom I have 3 branches to do with the indicators , warning light branch which is pretty self explaining, I have a indicator switch branch which has the following wires and descriptions

Green brown- ns flasher

Green red - os flasher

I am guessing these are what connect up to the stalk switch.

I then have the hazzard branch which has the following wires

Green pink / flasher relay pin 49

Green brown - flasher relay pin 49a

Green red - ns flasher splice

Green white is flasher splice

Green- switched live

Purple - perm live from battery fuse out

Can any one explain how things are meant to be wired? I am using a savage/trilogy switch

I have worked out on my 3 series indicator switches where the input voltage goes and the switch wires for the indicators

Guest ali2992

Alastair

Wiring is a follows: -

Pin 1 Green Pink from Flasher relay position 49 (hazard)

Pin 2 Purple permanent live

Pin 3 Green switched live

Pin 1 Green / Brown from flasher relay position 49A (indicator)

Pin 2 Green / White and Green / Red, o/s and n/s indicator....see note below

Pin A Red / White illumination

Pin B Black earth

Pin 2 has the green/white and green/ red terminated together, both leads require a diode adding to each, this allows the current to flow into the switch but stops back feed into the loom.

If this gives you a problem let me know and I'll make one up and you can just add the wire.

Regards

Richard King

Guest mcramsay

Right I am struggling a little bit, I think it's because I don't actually understand how the circuit is supposed to work.

Where should the 12v supply in for the indicator switch come from? The green brown on pin 49a of the flasher relay ( so one wire from pin 49a going to the hazzard and one as the feed for the indicators?) or just a switched 12v supply? ( the bmw manual for the switch just shows a fused 12v supply going into it from the fuse box.

Guest mcramsay

I think the problem I am having is due to using led indicators, front and back as they light up but do not flash. I have ordered a new 3 pin flasher relay designed to work with led indicators

If you still have some old tungsten filament indicators--- try a temp replacement of one/two on one side of vehicle --- should flash correctly if it's the LED low wattage causing the "non flash".