Sequential Gearbox / Flappy Paddle

Guest rodg98133

Guest rodg98133

As stated in my other posts I am just at the planning stage of my build with my basic kit arriving in approx 2 weeks time

I am building a gbs zero with the Ford kit and hopefully going for a new registration so require new parts.

My question is can a sequential gearbox or even flappy paddle style be fitted? I'm thinking of going with the zetec so preferably something compatible with this or is there something else available new to achieve this?

Tractive, Sadev, Quaife, Elite - that's in order of rough expense, too :) most expensive first. There are others too (Drenth, Hewland, Xtrac), world is your oyster provided you've got the aforementioned deep pockets. They go right up past £10k for the higher-end stuff. But really not ideal for heavy road use; dog engagement boxes really do like to be shifted quickly and cleanly if you want them to last. Great on a competition car (believe me) but for a road car.... meh...

Flappy paddle kit will probably set you back another £2k too.

Bike engine comes with a sequential box then you have a choice of simple paddle with rods or cables to activate or go for an air powers or electronic shift kit with full throttle up changes and blip down changes

sequential box and standard road car engine will always be more expensive than bike engine