Air Hole In Bonnet

Guest stevenmjcooper

Guest stevenmjcooper

Hi,

As most of you have probably realised the carbs on the hood / pinto are very close to the bonnet and I think there choking it, which is making it run alittle rich.

The problem is that my bonnet is painted and Im not sure which tool to use to cut the holes for the 4No Piper Cross Socks on my Webbers.

Ive thought about using a hole cutter (usually used for wood 'birdbox type') but am worried about it not cutting and the failed attempt looking seriously ugly!

I think Ive got one shot at this so any thoughts and experience will be very helpful.

Thanks

What size hole do you need? An industrial hole-saw will cut a fairly neat hole if you drill a pilot centre hole--THEN change the hole-saw pilot to a plain rod(both should be 1/4") this will stop the hole-saw wandering--if they're big enough CBS do some ally air intake tubes with rolled edges to finish off the raw edge left by the saw.

Hi i chopped my bonnet a while ago and i had great success with a Jigsaw, just a normal black and decker type. Hopefully here is a link to a picture of my scuttle which is the cut edge. Just use a fine-ish metal blade and put masking tape along the paint work to protect it. Slow and steady wins the race.

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?act=...ost&id=7935

hth